Two suspects linked to Friday’s deadly attacks in Paris died after police raided an apartment in a northern suburb of the French capital, a prosecutor said, correcting an earlier report that said three were killed.
Paris’ prosecutor Francois Molins said a female suspect killed herself by detonating a vest rigged with explosives at start of the operation in Saint-Denis early on Wednesday.
Heavily armed police were seen hauling away a naked man from the building at the centre of the raid in Saint-Denis.
Earlier, Molins said in a statement that three men holed up inside the apartment were arrested, while a man and woman were arrested near the location of the raid.
“The operation is still under way. It’s not over,” local member of parliament Mathieu Hanotin said on France Inter radio. “Everyone must stay indoors. There are still gunmen holed up in the apartment.”
A police source told Reuters news agency that several suspects had been arrested with security forces still trying to “neutralise” two more at the scene.
Source:Al Jazeera

0 comments:
Post a Comment